Friday, December 4, 2009

Child of destiny


     I went to see Beyonce in concert this week and i was amazed. I have always liked her but she blew my mind with her talent. I came out of there inspired because there is no doubt in my mind that Beyonce was doing what she was created to do.
Many times i have heard people say that they don't believe in destiny. What that means to me is that you don't believe you have a purpose. EVERYONE IS BORN WITH A MISSION.
        The hardest part is to find out what that mission is.
How do i know what i am supposed to be doing, you might ask?
If you are like me, then you have wrestle with this question at some point or the other. I have dabbed into so many passions from dancing when i was younger, to reading, to criminal justice... I have always been one to try different things ; which can be a problem or a good thing. The benefit is that i am always learning, the negative is that it makes it confusing to narrow down my field of interest. To make things more completed, add the expectations of your loved one and you find yourself in a tricky situation. My father believed i was born to be a doctor just like him. The problem was that i did not know what i wanted to be but i knew who i did not want to be. I think a lot of people deal with this issue constantly and end up choosing not to choose.They end up going with the flow and what is expected of them. See there is nothing wrong with being what your parents want you to be if thats also what you want. However, some people just don't want to dissapoint the people they love so they go on into these professions that they highly dislike. We all know them, they are the nasty doctors, teachers, nurses.... The ones that never smile and you can tell they would love to be somewhere else.

           I am not here to bash anyone that feels stuck in the position they are in right now. I know what it means to have to stand on your own and follow what you believe in. Sometimes , you don't even know exactly what you want to do, all you know is what you dont want to do.For me i knew i definetly did not want to be a doctor, i still had no clue what i was meant to do. It is easier if you can say i can't be a doctor but i want to be a lawyer. It sounds better because at least it looks like you have a plan. However, for many people, they do not even know yet what their passion is. I encourage you to really think about what you are studying in school or the job you are working at. Are you just "there" with no direction because it is convenient or are you living out your destiny?

No comments:

Post a Comment