Thursday, August 27, 2009

The hardest part of motherhood.


Ethan turned 1 on august 19th and it was one of those out of body experience. I remember seeing one episode of Kimora Lee show and she was crying because her daughter was getting her hair straigtened. I kept laughing and thinking that she was such a drama queen, what was the big deal. Now that i am a mom , i know what the big deal is. She was crying because she did not want her daughter to grow up. I am the same way. When someone asks me how old baby E is i tell them 12 months instead of 1 year. Somehow, saying his age in months make me think that he is still a baby. So yes his first birthday was bitter sweet.

The sweet part, was that i am extremely blessed to have a healthy child. The birthday was amazing and i am grateful. The bitter part is that he is growing up. I think for me that is the hardest part of motherhood. So what's next, him going to school, having a girlfriend, getting married... Lord , please help me!

1 comment:

  1. Aww!....hAPPY bIRTHDAY TO HIM.....Wish him many great n fufilled yrs ahead.....

    Don't worry, growth is a normal part of life...besides, he's not leaving u yet...He still need mama alot...

    ReplyDelete